Monday, July 12, 2021

My Very First Blog Post

 I am starting a blog. Well, obviously.

I decided to try this as a place to work on my writing. I'm hopeful that it will also relieve my Facebook friends from having to read my many thoughts, and maybe it will even help me sleep at night. Am I asking too much? Probably. 

I am planning to write about the things I care most about. My kids (and husband, but parenting is generally easier for me to write about than wife-ing), teaching, reading, random thoughts, and, occasionally,  current events. However, I may try to keep this part of my life free from politics. While that is very important to me, it is also exhausting. So for now I'll try to set it aside. We'll see.

For now, I guess I really don't know what I'll end up writing about. I'll have to see which direction my keyboard takes me. I'm sure it will be rough in the beginning, and that someday when I'm an expert blogger I'll look back on my early posts and cringe, but I'm not going to think about that too much. I'm just going to write.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! We are glad you're here. :)

    ~Jen

    ReplyDelete