Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Mask on... Mask off?

The numbers are rising. 
Even in Massachusetts, where most people are vaccinated or want to be,
They're still rising.
The Delta Variant is spreading. 
For now, they're saying that vaccinated people aren't at risk,
Or at least that the risk is small,
And I believe it. 
I think.


I was so happy to be living in a post-Covid world 
If only for a couple of weeks.
Two weeks ago I went into a store without a mask for the first time.
Free and easy
Not even thinking about Covid.


But today our family decided to wear masks again. 
Just in case.
I don't want this to change our lives again.
But we're vaccinated,
so it won't.
Right?


Part of me thinks we should do everything we can
now
In case Delta becomes something else.
Something worse.

Part of me wants to bury my head in the sand
and pretend it isn't happening 
or that it's happening somewhere else.
And mostly, it is.
Probably, we're safe.
But I'll wear a mask 
in stores and crowds.
Just in case.


No comments:

Post a Comment