Sunday, October 10, 2021

A Gloomy Moment


Another fall. 

Another holiday season on the way. 

Another year passing.

Time is going too fast. 

I want to celebrate every moment and enjoy. 

But today I feel like I am mourning.

Mourning what has already passed. 

Baby days and toddler days and preschool days and big kid days.

Play group and soccer games and bedtime stories.

My Little Pony and Lego, American Girl, make believe.

Somehow I am already mourning the now. 

Teenagers and high school and all that comes with it. 

(Which is silly because it really just started). 

I feel like it will all be ending much too soon.

Then I remind myself... 

Not ending. 

Changing. 

But it feels like ending.

And the truth is

that I'm not sure I know who I am without them.

People survive this.

EVERYONE survives this. 

Just another phase of life. 

But the one I always looked forward to

and waited for

and planned

is on its final years.

The truth is

that I never thought about what comes after.




No comments:

Post a Comment