Friday, November 19, 2021

Angry

To Whom it May Concern:

I don't know who you are.  I both desperately want to know and really, really don't. I don't want to have to look you in the eye, smile at you, or act pleasant. I don't want to know if you are someone I like(d).

You tried to break something that I love. You hurt someone that I care about. You tried to ruin someplace that was safe.

Why? Why would you be so malicious? Why would you want to be cruel and hurtful? Are you so afraid of change? Do you feel so threatened? Are you brainwashed or misguided, or just mean?

It doesn't matter. The harm has been done. By aiming for one, you have hurt us all. In trying to protect or vindicate yourself you have damaged the fabric of our whole community. 

I hope you're happy. 

I don't really, of course. At the moment I hope you're feeling pretty miserable, or at least very guilty. But then I realize, you must have already been miserable. You must have felt isolated and disenfranchised to do something that would hurt someone undeserving and affect so many others. And I am sorry for that. I wish you had felt a part of what we were, so you didn't have to try to break it. 

And now the rest of us must heal. We must learn to trust again. But how do you heal from an injury when you don't know where it came from? I don't know how, but we will. And when we do, when we have walked through the hurt and pain that you have caused and come out closer and stronger than before, maybe you will even be a part of that. 

But if you are, I hope I never know.


No comments:

Post a Comment